Features & Specifications
A 2-channel virtual test instrument USB interface to suit to any Windows-based PC, powered from the PC’s USB port. The two input channels and two output channels can all operate simultaneously. Also provided is an S/PDIF input and output.
When used in conjunction with a suitable software package the interface allows the PC to be used as a 2-channel audio DSO and spectrum analyser combined with an AC DMM and a frequency counter, plus a 2-channel AF signal and function generator able to provide low-distortion sinewaves, a number of standard waveforms, white and pink noise, arbitrary waveforms and even DTMF signals and musical tones. Features of the Interface include:
• Input channels provide three switched sensitivity levels – x1.0, x0.1 and x0.01
• Nominal input sensitivity (x1.0 range) is 500mV RMS (1.414Vp-p/-3.8dBu).
• Maximum input level (x1.0 range) before clipping is 600mV RMS
• Input impedance (both channels) is 1MΩ//20pF.
• Effective noise floor of the input channels is at -99dBu (2.5µV).
• Two high-quality 16-bit ADCs capable of operating at sampling rates of 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 32, 44.1 and 48ksamples/s.
• Frequency response of input channels is as follows:
21Hz – 8kHz +0/-0.15dB
12Hz – 12.6kHz +0/-0.5dB
6Hz – 16.3kHz +0/-1.0dB
1.5Hz – 20kHz +0/-2.0dB
<1Hz – 22kHz +0/-3.0dB
• Output channels provide three switched output levels – x1.0, x0.1 and x0.01.
• Nominal output level on the x1.0 range is 500mV RMS (1.414Vp-p/-3.8dBu).
• Maximum output level (x1.0 range) before clipping is 750mV RMS
• Output impedance (both channels) is 675Ω.
• Two high quality 16-bit DACs capable of operating at sampling rates of 32, 44.1 and 48ksamples/s.
• Frequency response of the output channels is as follows:
4.6Hz – 17.0kHz +0.15dB/-0.5dB
3.1Hz – 18.7kHz +0.15dB/-1.0dB
1.2Hz – 20.5kHz +0.15dB/-2.0dB
<1Hz – 22.0kHz +0.15dB/-3.0dB
• Crosstalk between channels, overall:
below -62dB from 20Hz – 5kHz
below -59dB from 1Hz – 10kHz
below -56dB from 10kHz – 20kHz
• Crosstalk between output and input channels:
as for between channels shown above
• THD+N for both channels, overall (ie, output-> input) for output/input levels of 0.5V RMS: at 100Hz, 0.075%; at 1kHz, 0.075%; at 5kHz, 0.1%
• S/PDIF input and output both handle 16-bit stereo signals at sampling rates of 32, 44.1 and 48ks/s.
• Fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification
• Installs automatically on Windows XP SP3 and later Windows operating systems (plus Mac and Linux systems) using the standard USBaudio.sys drivers – no special or custom drivers required.
• Fully compatible with Windows-based Virtual Instrument software such as Virtins MI 3.2 (standard and Pro versions).
• Low current drain from PC via USB cable: less than 65mA